BPSC Mains Syllabus
BPSC syllabus for Mains focuses majorly on the General Studies knowledge of the candidates. There will be 5 papers in the Mains exam consisting of General Hindi, Essay, General Studies 1, General Studies 2, and one Optional paper.
The candidates can select one paper from a list of 34 papers from the BPSC Mains syllabus. All the papers except those of General Hindi & Optional Paper will carry 300 marks each and the Hindi & Optional paper will carry 100 marks. It is extremely important for the candidates to score the required cutoff marks to be able to stand a chance in the competition.
BPSC Mains Syllabus for Hindi
As per the BPSC Syllabus, the Hindi paper in the Mains exam shall be descriptive and qualifying in nature. The syllabus for Hindi will be based on the Bihar School Education Board (BSEB) level. You can study any good book to prepare for this subject. The details of the key topics in the BPSC Mains syllabus are given below.
BPSC Mains Syllabus for GS Paper 1
- निबंध (Essay): An essay will have to be written in Hindi on any one topic.
- व्याकरण (Grammar): अलंकार, पर्यायवाची, विलोम, तत्सम एवं तदभव, वर्तनी, लिंग, कारक, आदि|
- वाक्य विन्यास (Syntax)
- संक्षेपण (Summarisation)
BPSC Mains Syllabus for GS and optional paper is a bit detailed. Marks scored in this second stage will determine candidates' place in the final merit list. The BPSC Syllabus for GS Paper 1 (Mains) extends what you studied for the Prelims. However, for the Mains syllabus, you must answer the questions descriptively.
BPSC Mains GS Paper 2 Syllabus
- Modern History of India and Indian Culture- This will have questions based on India's history with special reference to Bihar from the 19th century onwards.
- Modern History of Bihar will have questions on the introduction and expansion of Western and technical education.
- Bihar’s role in the freedom struggle of India
- Santhal Uprising, Revolt of 1857 in Bihar, Birsa movement, Champaran Satyagrah, Quit India Movement, 1942
- Knowledge of Mauryan and Pal art features
- Patna Kalam Painting
- Questions based on Gandhi, Tagore and Nehru
- Statistical analysis, graphs and diagrams will consist of exercises to test the candidate’s ability to draw common-sense conclusions from statistical, graphical or diagrammatic information and to point out deficiencies, limitations or inconsistencies therein.
BPSC Syllabus for GS Paper 2 Mains, will have questions that test your knowledge about Indian Polity, and the main emphasis is given to Bihar state. Aspirants need to cover all the key topics to outperform in the exam. Include all the topics in the preparation strategy to score good marks. The BPSC Mains Syllabus for GS Paper 2 is as follows.
- Indian Political system, including the political system in Bihar.
- Indian Economy
- Planning in India
- Geography of India, such as the physical, economic, and social geography of India and Bihar.
- The role and impact of science and technology in the development of India and Bihar