Questions on General Science will cover general appreciation and understanding of science, including matters of everyday observation and experience, as may be expected of a well-educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific discipline. Current events of national and international importance.
General geography and geographical division of Bihar and its major river systems.In this, the prime focus will be on the geography of India and Bihar. Questions on the Geography of India and Bihar will relate to the physical, social and economic Geography of the country as well as the prime features of Indian agricultural and natural resources.
Growth of nationalism and attainment of Independence and candidates
will be expected to answer questions on the role of Bihar in the freedom movement of India.
इस पत्र में प्रश्न बिहार विद्यालय परीक्षा समिति के माध्यमिक (सेकेण्डरी) स्तर के होंगे। इस परीक्षा में सरल हिन्दीअपने भावों को स्पष्टत: एवं शुद्ध-शुद्ध रूप में व्यक्त करने की क्षमता और सहज बोध शक्ति की जाँच समझ जायेगी।
अंकों का विवरण निम्न प्रकार होगा-
|Paper-III||वक्य विन्यास||25 अंक|
Modern History of India and Indian culture.
1. Modern History of India and Indian Culture will cover the broad history of the country (with special reference to Bihar) from about the middle of the nineteenth century. The modern history of Bihar will include questions on the introduction and expansion of western education (including technical education).
2. It will also have questions on Bihar’s role in the freedom struggle of India. Questions will relate to the Santhal Uprising, of 1857 in Bihar, the Birsa movement, Champaran Satyagrah and the Quit India Movement of 1942.
3. Knowledge of the chief features of Mauryan and Pal art and Patna Qulam painting will be expected from the examinees. It would also include questions from Gandhi, Tagore and Nehru.
4.The part relating to statistical analysis, graphs and diagrams will include exercises to test the candidate’s ability to draw common sense conclusions from information presented in the statistical, graphical or diagrammatical form and to point out deficiencies, limitations or inconsistencies therein.
In Paper II,
1. The part relating to Indian Polity will include questions on the political system in India including Bihar. In the part pertaining to the Indian Economy and Geography of India, questions will be asked on planning in India and the physical, economic and social geography of India and Bihar.
2. In the third part relating to the role and impact of science and technology in the development of India, questions will be asked to test the candidate’s awareness of the role and impact of science and technology in India and Bihar’s focus will be on applied aspects.
BPSC exam Pattern:
BPSC conducts the Combined Competitive exam in 3 tiers