40th edition of ‘Hunar Haat’ – Today Current Affairs
- Recently the 40th edition of ‘Hunar Haat’ was inaugurated in Mumbai. More than 1000 craftsmen and artisans from 31 states and union territories participated in this edition.
Today Current Affairs
About Hunar Haat:
- In the current global competition, the concept of Hunar Haat has been introduced to protect and promote the ancestral heritage of arts and crafts of the country, to support traditional artisans and craftsmen.
- Hunar Haat exhibition features selected artisans whose ancestors were involved in such traditional handmade works and are still engaged in this profession.
Theme : The Hindu Analysis
- “Vocal for Local” and “Best from Waste”
Objective : The Hindu Analysis
- Providing market access and employment opportunities to artisans, craftsmen and traditional culinary experts.
- To promote the skills of artisans, weavers and artisans who are already engaged in traditional ancestral work.
Organizer : The Hindu Analysis
- Hunar Haat is organized by the Ministry of Minority Affairs under the Ustad scheme.
- The objective of the Ustad scheme is to promote and preserve the rich heritage of traditional arts and crafts of minority communities.
Importance : The Hindu Analysis
- The concept of self-reliant India is being strengthened with initiatives like Hunar Haat.
- Under these, skill training is provided so that people can be made employers instead of job seekers. for example:
- Tejas Skills Program has been launched by the Government of India.
- Under Tejas’ skilling programme, India plans to send skilled workers to countries like the United Arab Emirates. 30,000 skilled workers seeking jobs will be sent to UAE within a year.
- Through Hunar Haat the spirit of Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat will be clarified and an opportunity will be given to experience the essence of Unity in Diversity.