A new liver disease – Today Current Affairs
- Recently some cases of a mysterious liver disease have been reported in the US and UK, as well as in Spain, Denmark and the Netherlands.
Today Current Affairs
What is this mysterious disease?
- Children from 1 to 6 years of age have been victims of this disease.
- According to reports, this disease can be caused by a virus usually associated with colds.
- So far this disease is being told very serious. Although no child has died from it so far, six children have had to undergo liver transplants in the US and UK.
Symptom : The Hindu Analysis
- Its symptoms are similar to those of common liver diseases such as hepatitis or inflammation of the liver, but the cause is still unknown.
- Symptoms such as jaundice, diarrhea and abdominal pain have also been observed.
Possible reasons : The Hindu Analysis
- Laboratory testing has ruled out the possibility of infection with hepatitis type A, B, C and E viruses for the disease that commonly cause such diseases. It is not yet known if international travel played a role in the spread of the disease.
- A group of viruses called adenoviruses are probably responsible for this, which causes respiratory diseases such as the common cold. Today Current Affairs
- Some European children have been found to be adenovirus positive while some have been found to be COVID-19 positive.
- Adenoviruses are generally preferred for vaccines because their DNA is double-stranded, which makes them genetically more stable and less likely to change after injection.
- So according to analysis, hepatitis can potentially be associated with adenovirus 41.