28 Oct 2021 “AI Pe Charcha (AI Dialogue)”
Posted at 16:26h in Daily current-affairs 0 Comments
- The National e Governance Division (NeGD) of the Ministry of Electronics and IT organised “AI Pe Charcha (AI Dialogue)” on October 28, 2021.
Theme of the dialogue
- AI Pe Charcha was organised under the theme- “AI for Date Driven Governance”.
Aim of the session
- This session was organised with the aim of covering importance of data driven and AI-enabled governance along with best practices from across the globe.
About AI Pe Charcha
- AI Pe Charcha is an initiative of “Ministry of Electronics & IT”.
- It is a series of panel discussions, which involves several global and domestic leaders from Government as well as industry.
- In the event, researchers & academicians share their views & experiences on Artificial Intelligence, breakthrough innovations, related case studies, best practices from world as well as challenges faced in the field of Artificial Intelligence.
Topic of discussion
- In the ‘AI for Data Driven Governance’ session, experts will speak about leveraging AI for Public Sector, Postal Services, Defence & Security and Future Cities.
- They will also showcase a “presentation on important AI-driven solutions” which have played an important role amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
Potential of AI in India
- As per PwC report, by 2030, AI have potential to provide a global economic value addition of up to USD 15.7 trillion.
- After recognising this potential, government of India released “National Strategy for Artificial Intelligence (NSAI)” in 2018.
- This strategy is a roadmap for the government for adopting artificial intelligence in a bid to increase efficiency in delivery of services.
- India also deregulated the geospatial sector and allowed private players to bring state-of-the-art solutions in this sector and bring innovation in AI-enabled hotspot mapping & analytics.
- This will lead to transformation in sectors like health and infrastructure. It will also help in designing climate change resilient cities.