Atmanirbhar Bharat Rojgar Yojana

Atmanirbhar Bharat Rojgar Yojana


  • Maharashtra tops the list of beneficiaries under the Atmanirbhar Bharat Rojgar Yojana (ABRY), followed by Tamil Nadu and Gujarat.

About Aatmanirbhar Bharat Rozgar Yojana: Today Current Affairs

  • It was launched in November 2020 with an aim to boost employment in the formal sector and encourage the creation of new employment opportunities during the COVID-19 recovery phase under Atmanirbhar Bharat Package 3.0.

Government Contribution: The Hindu Analysis

  • It provides subsidy for provident fund contribution for induction of new employees in establishments registered with Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO).
  • Organizations with up to 1000 employees will get employee contribution (12% of wages) and employer contribution (12% of wages), totaling 24% of salary for two years.
  • Employers with more than 1,000 employees will get 12% of the employees’ contribution for two years.
  • The subsidy amount under the scheme will be deposited only in the Aadhaar linked EPFO ​​accounts of the new employees.

Eligibility Criteria for Establishments:

  • Establishments registered with EPFO ​​will be eligible for benefits if they add new employees as compared to the reference base of employees as of September 2020.
  • Establishments with up to 50 employees must add at least two new employees.
  • Organizations with more than 50 employees must add at least five employees.

Target Beneficiaries:

  • Any new employee joining EPFO ​​registered establishments with a monthly salary of less than Rs 15,000.
  • Those who left their job between 1st March to 30th September and are employed on or after 1st October.
  • This scheme will be effective from 1st October, 2020 and will be operational till 30th June, 2021.

Other employment initiatives: The Hindu Analysis

  • Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana
  • Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme
  • Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU-GKY)
  • Deen dayal Antyodaya Yojana-National Urban Livelihoods Mission
  • AtmaNirbhar Bharat Rozgar Yojana as part of AtmaNirbhar Bharat Package 3.0
  • Emergency Credit Line Guarantee Scheme (ECLGS)

In this article we mention all information about Atmanirbhar Bharat Rojgar Yojana, Today Current Affairs.

Download yojna ias daily current affairs 17 December 2021

No Comments

Post A Comment