21 Dec 2021 Bhutan’s highest civilian award
Posted at 16:22h in Daily current-affairs 0 Comments
Bhutan’s highest civilian award- Today Current Affairs
- Recently the Prime Minister of India has been awarded the highest civilian award of Bhutan, ‘Order of the Druk Gyalpo’, also known as “Nagdag Pel Ji Khorlo”.
- The award was announced on the occasion of 114th National Day of Bhutan.
- It is Bhutan’s highest civilian award and is awarded for service to the Kingdom of Bhutan and its common people.
- ‘The Order of the Dragon King’ (Druk Gyalpo) was established on November 7, 2008 to reward those who have served the country and the people of Bhutan for a lifetime.
- This honor is given in two categories and it is the highest civilian award of the Order of the Dragon King Bhutan.
Other Awards given to Indian Prime Minister: The Hindu Analysis
- Abdul Aziz Al Saud Order (2016): This is Saudi Arabia’s highest honor given to non-Muslim dignitaries.
- Ghazi Amir Amanullah Khan State Order (2016): Afghanistan’s highest civilian honour.
- Grand Collar Prize of the State of Palestine (2018): Palestine’s highest honor given to foreign dignitaries.
- Order of Zayed Award (2019): UAE’s highest civilian honour.
- Order of St. Andrew Award (2019): Russia’s highest civilian honor
- The Order of the Distinguished Rule of Nishan Izzuddeen (2019) is the highest honor of the Maldives given to foreign dignitaries.
- King Hamad Order of the Renaissance – First Class (2019): Bahrain’s highest honour.
- Legion of Merit Award (2020): United States Armed Forces Award for exceptionally meritorious conduct in the performance of outstanding services and achievements.
- Seoul Peace Prize (2018): The biennial prize of the Seoul Peace Prize Cultural Foundation (South Korea) is awarded to individuals who have worked to improve human development, strengthen peace and democracy in the nation and the world.
- Champions of the Earth Award (2018): The United Nations’ highest environmental honour.
- First Philip Kotler Presidential Award (2019): It is given to the prominent leader of a nation.
- Global Goalkeeper Award: Awarded by Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation for Swachh Bharat Abhiyan (2019).
- Global Energy and Environmental Leadership Award (2021): Awarded by Cambridge Energy Research Associates (CERA) for leadership’s commitment to the future of global energy and environment.