19 Oct 2021 Cambrian Patrol Exercise
Posted at 16:08h in Daily current-affairs 0 Comments
- Recently, the Gorkha Rifles (Frontier Force) of the Indian Army has been awarded a Gold medal in the Cambrian Patrol Exercise, which was held in Wales (the UK).
- It is an annual international military patrolling exercise and is referred to as the ‘Olympics of Military Patrolling’ among militaries in the world.
- It was first set up more than 40 years ago, by a group of Welsh Territorial Army soldiers who designed the training event to feature long-distance marching over the Cambrian Mountains culminating in firing.
- The teams have to cover a 50-mile course in less than 48 hrs while performing numerous types of military exercises placed throughout the rugged Cambrian Mountains and swamplands of mid-Wales, UK.
- The aim of the exercise is to test their leadership, self-discipline, courage, physical endurance, and determination.
Joint Exercises between India and UK:
- Navy: Konkan
- Air Force: Indradhanush
- Military: Ajeya Warrior