09 Nov 2021 Darjeeling Toytrain Logo: Intellectual Property
- The logo of Darjeeling Toy Train has been registered internationally by India as its intellectual property and has been sent to the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO).
- Now to use this logo anywhere in the world, written permission will have to be taken from India and the fee which will be fixed will have to be paid.
- Registering it was started in August 2021, 6 months’ time is fixed for registering it.
- This logo is more than 100 years old.
Darjeeling Himalayan Railway:
- It was built between 1879 and 1881 when India was under British rule.
- It is located in West Bengal.
- UNESCO has declared it a World Heritage Site in 1999.
Other World Heritage Sites of Mountain Railways:
- Tamil Nadu’s Nilgiri Hill Railway has been included in the UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2005.
- The Kalka-Shimla Railway of Himachal Pradesh has been included in the UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2008.
World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO):
- It is an agency of the United Nations (UN), its headquarter is in Geneva, Switzerland.