09 Dec 2021 ‘E-Kuverin’: Military exercise
Posted at 12:22h in Daily current-affairs 0 Comments
‘E-Kuverin’: Military exercise- Today Current Affairs
- Recently, the 11th edition of the joint military exercise ‘E-Kuverin’ between India and Maldives has been organized in Kadhu Island, Maldives.
- Earlier the 15th edition of the biennial trilateral naval exercise ‘DOSTI’ involving India, Maldives and Sri Lanka was held in Maldives.
Key points: The Hindu Analysis
- India and Maldives have been conducting exercise ‘E-Kuverin’ since 2009, which means ‘Friend’ in Maldivian language.
- The 14-day joint exercise is conducted alternately in India and Maldives.
- It focuses on enhancing inter-operability between the two countries to carry out counter-terrorist operations in a semi-urban area under the mandate of the United Nations.
- This year’s exercise will also include cultural and sports activities to enhance defense cooperation and bilateral ties. The exercise will go a long way in cementing India’s ties with Maldives amidst the emerging security dynamics in the Indian Ocean region.