28 Oct 2021 ‘G20 Joint Finance and Health Ministers’ meeting in Rome
Posted at 16:32h in Daily current-affairs 0 Comments
- Union Minister of Finance & Corporate Affairs, Nirmala Sitharaman, is on the official visit to Italy for attending ‘G20 Joint Finance and Health Ministers’ meeting in Rome.
- On the official visit, she will discuss measures to strengthen COVID-19 pandemic preparedness, prevention, and response.
- This meeting will be held, before the G20 Rome Summit.
- G20 Heads of State and Government Summit is scheduled to held on October 30thand 31st 2021 in Rome.
- Ministers of Economy and Finance will also take part in the event.
G20 Rome Summit
- G20 Rome Summit is the climax of G20 process and the final stage of intense work, at the Leaders’ level, which is carried out within the Ministerial Meetings, Engagement Groups and Working Groups throughout the year.
- This summit will be the 16thG20 gathering at Heads of State & Government level.
Location of the meeting
- The working meeting of Heads of State and Government is scheduled to held at Rome Convention Centre ‘La Nuvola’.
- The first G20 heads of the state & government was held in Washington in November 2008.
- While the last meeting was held virtually under the Presidency of Saudi Arabia in November 2020.
- G20 is an intergovernmental forum. It comprises of 19 countries and European Union (EU).
- The group works for addressing major issues related to global economy like climate change mitigation, international financial stability, and sustainable development.
- It comprises of world’s largest economies, including developed as well as developing nations.
- It accounts for 90 percent of gross world product (GWP).