11 Dec 2021 Gyanpith Puraskar
Posted at 11:59h in Daily current-affairs 0 Comments
Gyanpith Puraskar- Today Current Affairs
- Recently, the 56th and 57th Gyanpith Awards have been announced for the year 2021 and the year 2022 respectively.
- For the year 2021, it will be awarded to Assamese litterateur Nilamani Phukan and for the year 2022 to Konkani litterateur Damodar Moujo.
- The country’s highest literary award- ‘Gyanpith’ is given to writers for ‘their outstanding contribution to literature’.
- The Gyanpith Award is given for writing in the Indian languages mentioned in the 8th Schedule of the Constitution of India, including the English language.
- This award is given only to Indian citizens.
- In the award, the winner is presented with a cash prize of Rs 11 lakh, a citation, and a bronze replica of Vagdevi (Saraswati), the goddess of learning.
- This award is given by a cultural organization ‘Bharatiya Gyanpith’.