Recently the incident in Udaipur shocked the entire India. It is not only a communal killing but it is a wallop on our communal harmony also . Incident of Udaipur may be related to the conspiracy of our rival countries .
The term hate speech refers to threatening speech or abusive speech . Hate speeches in Public sometimes disrespect the religious beliefs which resulted in the form of reactionary speeches . Gradually this action and reaction converts into violent struggle .this communal violence always destruct this country multidimensionally . Therefore this should be the responsibility of the state as well as the patriotic citizens of the country to prevent this country from such communal violence for which all of us should open heartily criticize the hate speeches .
Provisions of the punishment in IPC against the Hate Speeches
- In IPC section Section 153(A) provides that the head speech is the punishable offense and there shall be the punishment of imprisonment which may extend to three years, or with fine, or with both
- Section 295A of IPC also defines the contours of free speech and its limitations with respect to offenses relating to religion.
- Section 298 IPC penalizes ‘uttering, words, etc., with deliberate intent to wound the religious feelings of any person’.
- Section 505(1) and (2) IPC penalizes publication or circulation of any statement, rumor or report causing public mischief and enmity, hatred or ill-will between classes.
- Apart from the above provisions, several other provisions are also there to punish the hate speakers (Mainly speeches disrespecting the values of any religion )
The measures which should be adopted to stop communal violence
- The root cause of the communal violence is hate speeches and the political provocation. Therefore action against the hate speeches must be taken immediately irrespective to the religion
- The atmosphere of insecurity among the minorities must be disappeared through the organizing the all religious priests meetings and through other cultural programme
- Composite cultural activities must be promoted
- Political communalization must be denounced
- Religious priests should come forward in this regard to propagate the real crux of the religion
- The relevance of the ideologies of Buddha and Mahatma Gandhi must be taught at school
- The incidents of the communal conflicts of our past should not be exposed through any means (Through Cinema )
- The political parties who contested the election on the basis of communal agenda must be rejected by the patriotic and responsible citizens of India
- On the basis of the above discussion ,it can be concluded that most of the hate speeches are related for the political benefits and delivered by those people who are not very popular and renowned persons but our media just made them popular . All these types of people must be denounced by the media channels . They should not be valued and it is expected by our fourth pillar of the democracy to pay his responsibility . They should not only work for the TRP and commercial benefits .
- Government should not discriminate regarding taking action against any hate speakers. The recent incident in Udaipur should be condemned by all the people of all religions simultaneously. The Government should take immediate action against those people who have delivered hate speeches in the past .
- We have earned the freedom of India after the great sacrifices of our ancestors and communal harmony has been the integral characteristics of Indian culture for a long time which must be intact . We should not be trapped under the conspiracy of our rival countries .
Source : Indian Express/The Hindu
GS Paper I, II Essay