19 Nov 2021 India International Science Festival: 2021
Posted at 13:08h in Daily current-affairs 0 Comments
- The 7th edition of India International Science Festival (IISF) was launched by the Union Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES).
About India International Science Festival:
- Launched in the year 2015, IISF is an annual event which is considered to be the largest forum in the country.
- It brings together students, the public, researchers, innovators and artists from around the world to experience science unprecedented for the betterment of people and humanity.
- IISF 2021 is being organized jointly by the Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES), Ministry of Science and Technology (Department of Science and Technology, Department of Biotechnology, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research) in collaboration with Vigyan Bharti.
- IISF 2021 will be held in Panaji, Goa from December 10 to 13.
- National Center for Polar and Ocean Research which is an autonomous institute under MoES is its nodal agency.
Theme of 2021:
- Celebrating creativity in science, technology and innovation for a prosperous India.
- It will also reflect the spirit and idea of India’s Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav, which aims to mark 75 glorious years of Indian independence in the year 2022.
- In the Swadeshi Science Movement ‘Indian Institute of Science-Bangalore’ by some eminent scientists, Professor ‘K.I. Vasu’ was started.
- The movement gradually gained momentum and emerged as a national organization.
- In the year 1991, it was decided to start the Swadeshi Science Movement at the all India level and it was named ‘Vigyan Bharati’.
- One of its objectives is to inspire young scientists for greater creativity and originality.
- Its headquarter is located in New Delhi.