Integration of E-Shram Portal with One Nation One Ration Card – Today Current Affairs
- The Central Government is in the process of integrating the e-Shram portal of the Ministry of Labor and Employment with the ‘One Nation One Ration Card’ / ‘One Nation One Ration Card’ scheme.
- Comparison of ‘Permanent Address’ details entered on e-Shram portal and existing location details will help in identification of migrant workers working under ‘E-Shram’.
Today Current Affairs
About ‘e-Shram Portal’:
- The e-Shram portal was launched by the Union Ministry of Labor and Employment in August 2021.
- It is a national database for registering unorganized workers.
- The portal was launched after the Supreme Court directed the government to complete the process of registration of unorganized workers. The Hindu Analysis
- Under this, an identity card will be issued to every registered worker, which can be used to avail any benefits announced by the government across the country.
About ‘One Nation One Ration Card’ : The Hindu Analysis
- The objective of the ‘One Nation One Ration Card’ (ONORC) scheme is to provide migrant workers and their family members anywhere in the country under the ‘National Food Security Act, 2013’. To provide facility to buy subsidized ration from any fair price shop.
- The ONORC scheme was launched in August, 2019. The Hindu Analysis
- Implementing Agency: ‘Department for the nation-wide portability of ration cards’ under the National Food Security Act (NFSA).
- Eligibility: Any citizen included in the Below Poverty Line (BPL) category is eligible to get the benefits of this scheme across the country.