International Solar Alliance – Today Current Affairs
- Recently, Nepal has become the 105th member country to sign the ‘Framework Agreement’ of the International Solar Alliance (ISA).
Today Current Affairs
About International Solar Alliance (ISA):
- The International Solar Alliance (ISA) was envisioned as a joint effort by India and France to mobilize efforts against climate change through ‘solar energy solutions’.
- It was presented by the leaders of the two countries at the 21st Conference of the Parties (COP21) to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) held in Paris in 2015.
- ISA is an alliance of solar resource rich countries, located wholly or partially between the Tropic of Cancer and Tropic of Capricorn, to meet their energy needs by using solar energy.
- In the Paris Declaration, ISA has been declared as a coalition dedicated to the promotion of solar energy among its member countries.
- As a dynamic organization, the International Solar Alliance (ISA) brings together solar potential rich countries to increase global demand, thereby reducing prices by bulk purchases of energy and facilitating expansion of existing solar technologies. it occurs.
- The International Solar Alliance facilitates large-scale deployment of existing solar technologies, and promotes collaborative solar R&D and capacity building.
Secretariat : The Hindu Analysis
- Foundation stone of ‘International Solar Alliance’ headquarters was laid jointly by India and France in ‘Gurugram’.
- The Interim Secretariat of ISA was inaugurated by him at the ‘National Institute of Solar Energy Complex’ located in Gurugram, Haryana.
Objective : The Hindu Analysis
- The key objectives of the ‘International Solar Alliance’ include deploying over 1,000GW of solar generation capacity globally and mobilizing more than US$1000 billion investment in solar energy by 2030.
- Under ISA, it is envisaged to enable complete ecosystem for technology, availability and development of economic resources, and development of storage technology, large-scale manufacturing and innovation.
Requirement : The Hindu Analysis
- Low cost technology can lead to more ambitious solar energy programs.
- Solar energy is a major source of cheap and reliable energy.
- Successful implementation of the project can play an important role in achieving Universal Energy Access Goal (SDG 7).
Today Current Affairs
Six major programs of ‘International Solar Alliance’ can prove to be a ‘game changer’ for environmental protection.
- Solar applications for agricultural use,
- Largely Affordable Finance,
- Mini Grid,
- Solar Rooftops
- ‘Solar e-mobility’ and storage
- Construction of solar parks on a large scale