14 Dec 2021 Kashi Vishwanath Corridor
Posted at 10:52h in Daily current-affairs 0 Comments
Kashi Vishwanath Corridor- Today Current Affairs
- Recently, the Prime Minister has inaugurated the first phase of the Kashi Vishwanath Corridor project in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
- As part of the project 23 buildings- Tourist Facilitation Centre, Vedic Centre, Mumukshu Bhawan, Bhogshala, City Museum, Viewing Gallery, Food Court etc. have been inaugurated.
Introduction: The Hindu Analysis
- For the first time after the year 1780 AD, the Maratha queen Ahilya bai Holkar of Indore had renovated the Kashi Vishwanath temple and its surrounding area.
- Its foundation was laid in March, 2019. The project was envisioned to establish an easily accessible route for the pilgrims, who had to traverse the congested roads to take a dip in the Ganges and offer water from the holy river at the temple.
- More than 40 ancient temples were rediscovered during the work on the project. They were restored without making any changes to their original structure.
- It connects the iconic Kashi Vishwanath temple and the ghats of river Ganga.
- Kashi Vishwanath Temple is one of the most famous Hindu temples dedicated to Lord Shiva.
- The temple is situated on the west bank of the holy river Ganges and is one of the twelve Jyotirlingas which is the holiest of Shiva temples.
- It will help promote tourism by providing facilities like wide, clean roads and lanes, bright street lights with better lighting and clean drinking water to pilgrims and travelers.