Lalit Kala Academy and Sangeet Natak Academy – Today Current Affairs
- The Vice President has presented Sangeet Natak Academy Fellowship and Sangeet Natak Puraskar for the year 2018 to 43 eminent artistes of the country (4 fellows and 40 awardees).
- He also presented Lalit Kala Academy Fellowships and National Awards to 23 people (3 Fellows and 20 National Awards) in the year 2021.
Today Current Affairs
Sangeet Natak Academy Fellowship (Academy Ratna) and Awards:
Sangeet Natak Academy Fellowship:
- Sangeet Natak Academy Fellowship is the highest honor conferred by Sangeet Natak Academy without distinction of nationality, race, caste, religion, creed or gender.
- Fellowship of the Academy is the most prestigious and rarest honour, which can be given to a maximum of 40 people at a time. The Hindu Analysis
- The honor of the Academy Fellow consists of a cash prize of Rs.3,00,000/- along with a Tamrapatra and Angavastram.
Sangeet Natak Academy Awards : The Hindu Analysis
- Awards are given to artists in the field of overall contribution/scholarship in music, dance, theatre, traditional/folk/tribal music/dance/theatre, puppetry and performing arts etc.
- The Academy Award consists of a cash prize of Rs. 1,00,000/- along with Tamrapatra and Angavastram.
What is Lalit Kala Academy Award? The Hindu Analysis
- National Lalit Kala Academy Awards are given to honor individuals for outstanding work in the field of art. The awardees are selected by an esteemed panel of judges/adjudicators nominated by the Academy.
What is Sangeet Natak Academy? The Hindu Analysis
- Sangeet Natak Academy is India’s national academy for music, dance and drama.
- In 1952 by a resolution of the (then) Ministry of Education, Government of India, Dr. P.V. Rajamannar as its first president. Today Current Affairs
- It is presently an autonomous body of the Ministry of Culture, Government of India and is fully funded by the Government for the implementation of its schemes and programmes.
- The Academy establishes and maintains institutions and projects of national importance in the field of performing arts. Some important ones are:
- National School of Drama, New Delhi was established in 1959.
- Jawaharlal Nehru Manipur Dance Academy at Imphal – 1954.
- Kathak Kendra (National Institute of Kathak Dance) New Delhi – in 1964.
- National projects to support Kutiyattam (Sanskrit theater of Kerala), Chhau dance of Eastern India, Sattriya tradition of Assam etc.
What is Lalit Kala Academy? The Hindu Analysis
- The Academy was inaugurated on 5th August, 1954 by the then Honorable Education Minister Maulana Abul Kalam Azad.
- The Academy was given statutory powers in the year 1957 under the Societies Registration Act, 1860.
- Since its inception, it has been serving the entire nation by promoting the creative endeavors of Indian artists and making their arts accessible to a large number of people, thus defining and defining the sensitivity of the entire culture that falls within the purview of the visual arts playing an important role in redefining.
- Its headquarter is in New Delhi.