11 Dec 2021 ‘Main Bhi Digital 3.0’ campaign
Posted at 11:51h in Daily current-affairs 0 Comments
- Recently the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) and Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) launched the ‘Main Bhi Digital 3.0’ campaign under the ‘Pradhan Mantri Street Vendors Atma nirbhar Nidhi’ scheme.
Main Bhi digital 3.0: Today Current Affairs
- This is a special campaign for Digital Onboarding and Training (DOaT) for street vendors.
- It aims to digitally engage those street vendors who have already been provided loans under Pradhan Mantri Svanidhi Yojana.
- Under this, Lending Institutions (LIs) have been directed to issue a permanent QR code and ‘Unified Payment Interface’ (UPI) ID at the time of disbursement and to train the beneficiaries in conducting digital transactions.
- An integrated IT platform has been developed for the implementation of this scheme. Street vendors can directly apply for loans through the Pradhan Mantri Svanidhi Portal.
Prdhan Mantri Street Vendors Atma nirbhar Nidhi: The Hindu Analysis
- It was announced as a part of economic stimulus-II under Atma nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan.
- It has been implemented with effect from June 1, 2020, to provide affordable working capital loans to street vendors who have been adversely affected due to the COVID-19 lockdown to restart their livelihoods. It was implemented with a sanctioned budget of Rs 700 crore.
- Benefiting over 50 lakh street vendors who were doing vending in urban areas on or before March 24, 2020, including people from adjoining urban/rural areas.
- Promoting digital transactions through cash-back incentives up to an amount of Rs 1,200 per annum.
- Till January 31, 2021, loans worth Rs 1,363.88 crore have been disbursed to 13.82 lakh beneficiaries under PM Svanidhi Yojana.
- Sellers can avail working capital loan up to Rs.10,000. Which can be repaid in monthly instalments over a tenure of one year.
- Interest subsidy of 7% p.a. will be credited to the bank accounts of the beneficiaries through Direct Benefit Transfer on quarterly basis, on timely/early repayment of the loan.
- There will be no penalty for early repayment of loan. Sellers can avail the facility of enhanced credit limit on timely / prompt repayment of loan.
- Many banks offer Rs.100 and Rs. Applications are sought on stamp paper between Rs.
- There have also been cases of banks asking for PAN cards and even checking applicants’ CIBIL or credit scores or state authorities asking for voter ID cards, often when migrant vendors do not carry these documents with them.
- CIBIL Score is an assessment of one’s credit history and determines their eligibility for the loan.
- Complaints of harassment by police and municipal officials have also come to the fore.
Other Initiatives for Street Vendors: Today Current Affairs
- Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana.
- Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana.
- Jan Dhan Yojna.
- The Building and Other Construction Workers Act 1996.
- Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maandhan Yojana.
- Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana.