24 Dec 2021 National Farmers Day
Posted at 14:55h in Daily current-affairs 0 Comments
National Farmers Day- Today Current Affairs
- National Farmers Day is organized every year on 23 December in India to highlight the contribution of farmers in the development of society.
- India is a country of villages, where most of the population is directly or indirectly dependent on agriculture for their livelihood.
- In such a situation, ‘National Farmers Day’ provides an opportunity to the common citizens of India to know and talk about the problems of farmers. The Hindu Analysis.
- This day is organized to commemorate the birth anniversary of the fifth Prime Minister of India, Chaudhary Charan Singh.
- Chaudhary Charan Singh was born on 23 December 1902 in Hapur district of Uttar Pradesh. Charan Singh’s tenure as Prime Minister was short.
- He became the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh twice and he also served in many ministerial posts in the central government, as well as implemented many schemes for the welfare of farmers while in important positions, he is considered the principal architect of the Uttar Pradesh Zamindari Abolition Act.
- Charan Singh also wrote many books related to zamindari abolition, land reforms and making farmers financially self-sufficient. The Hindu Analysis.
- In view of the contribution of Chaudhary Charan Singh in the welfare of farmers, the government started this day in the year 2001.