18 Jul 2022 National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) Ranking 2022
National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) Ranking 2022 – Today Current Affairs
- Recently the Ministry of Education has released the 7th edition of National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF), Ranking 2022.
Today Current Affairs
National Institutional Ranking Framework:
- The ‘National Institutional Ranking Framework’ (NIRF) was approved by the Ministry of Education (erstwhile Ministry of Human Resource Development) in September 2015.
- This is the first effort of the Government of India to rank higher educational institutions (HEIs) in the country.
- In the year 2018, it was made mandatory for all government educational institutions across the country to participate in the ‘National Institutional Ranking Framework’.
Evaluation on five parameters : The Hindu Analysis
- Teaching, Learning and Resources-TLR
- Research and Professional Practices-RP
- Graduation Outcomes-GO
- Outreach and Inclusivity-OI
- Peer Perception
Categories : The Hindu Analysis
- The best institutions have been listed in a total of 11 categories – Overall National Ranking, Universities, Engineering, Colleges, Medicine, Management, Pharmacy, Law, Architecture, Dentistry and Research.
Reason to launch : The Hindu Analysis
- The subjectivity in the ranking methodology developed by the QS World University Rankings and the Times Higher Education World University Rankings prompted India to introduce its own ranking system for Indian HEIs on the lines of the Shanghai Ranking.
- NIRF’s long-term plan is to make it an International League Table.
- More than 7,000 institutions participated in the NIRF rankings.
Key Features of Ranking 2022 : The Hindu Analysis
- Overall, IIT-Madras, IISc-Bangalore and IIT-Bombay are the top three higher education institutions in the country.
- University: IISc- Bangalore University tops the category.
- Colleges: Miranda College has retained the first position among colleges for the sixth year in a row, followed by Hindu College, Delhi and Presidency College, Chennai.
- Research Institute: IISc-Bangalore has been ranked as the best research institute after IIT-Madras.
- Engineering: IIT-Madras has been ranked number one among engineering institutes.
- Management: Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad has been ranked first and IIM-Bangalore second in the field of management.
- Medicine: All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi has been at the top position in medicine for the fifth year in a row.
- Pharmacy: Jamia Hamdard has topped the list for the fourth time in a row in the field of Pharmacy.
- Architecture: IIT Roorkee has topped in Architecture for the second time.
- Law: National Law School of India University, Bangalore has maintained its first position in law for the fifth year in a row.
- Dental: Savita Institute of Medical and Technical Sciences, Chennai has got the first rank.
Here we mention all information about National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) Ranking 2022 Today Current Affairs.