Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN)
8th instalment of financial benefit under Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) released
- Centre transfers an amount of Rs 6,000 per year, in three equal instalments, directly into the bank accounts of all landholding farmers irrespective of the size of their land holdings. It was launched in February 2019
- A Central Sector Scheme with 100% funding from the Government of India.
- It is being implemented under the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare.
- Identification of beneficiary farmer families rests with the State / UT Governments.
Objective of the scheme
- Supplementing the financial needs of the Small and Marginal Farmers in procuring various inputs to ensure proper crop health and appropriate yields, commensurate with the anticipated farm income at the end of each crop cycle.
- Protecting them from falling in the clutches of moneylenders for meeting such expenses and ensure their continuance in the farming activities
- Mobile App: The PM-KISAN Mobile App was developed and designed by the National Informatics Centre in collaboration with the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
- Features: Status of their application, update or carry out corrections of their Aadhar Card and also check the history of credits to their bank accounts can be seen by the farmers