The FSSAI has awarded Indian Railways’ Chandigarh Railway Station a 5-Star ‘Eat Right Station’ certification
- The Chandigarh Railway Station of Indian Railways has been awarded a 5-star ‘Eat Right Station’ certification for offering travellers with high-quality, nutritional meals.
- The FSSAI awards this certification to railway stations that follow standard food storage and hygiene norms.
- The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) provides the ‘Eat Right Station’ certification to railway stations that meet strict guidelines for serving safe and wholesome food to passengers.
- Following the end of an FSSAI-appointed third-party audit agency with ratings ranging from 1 to 5, the station is issued a certificate.
- The 5-star rating implies that stations have gone above and beyond to ensure that passengers have access to safe and sanitary meals.
- The accreditation is part of the FSSAI’s ‘Eat Right India’ initiative, which aims to change the country’s food system to guarantee that all Indians have access to safe, healthy, and sustainable food.
- Eat Right India uses a balanced strategy of regulation, capacity building, collaboration, and empowerment to ensure that our food is healthy for both people and the environment.
- Chandigarh Railway Station becomes India’s fifth station to receive this honour. Anand Vihar Terminal Railway Station (Delhi), Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (Mumbai), Mumbai Central Railway Station (Mumbai), and Vadodara Railway Station are among the other railway stations that have received this certification.
Improving passenger experience
- The Indian Railway Stations Development Corporation Ltd. (IRSDC) has been tasked with facility management at five railway stations, namely KSR Bengaluru, Pune, Anand Vihar, Chandigarh, and Secunderabad, in order to improve passenger experience and make travel safe and convenient. IRSDC is dedicated to redefining the passenger experience and setting a new standard for railway station development, redevelopment, operation, and maintenance in India.