29 Dec 2021 Typhoon Rai
Posted at 17:12h in Daily current-affairs 0 Comments
Typhoon Rai- Today Current Affairs
- The official death toll from Typhoon Rai (locally named Odette) in parts of the Philippines in mid-December has risen to 388.
- Rai is the strongest storm to hit the disaster-prone islands this year (2021).
Key points: The Hindu Analysis
- Typhoon is a type of cyclone. Depending on its place of origin, it can be called a hurricane, storm or cyclone.
- Typhoons: In the China Sea and Pacific Ocean.
- Hurricane: In the Caribbean Sea and West Indian islands in the Atlantic Ocean.
- Tornado: In the Guinea lands of West Africa and the southern United States.
- Willie-Willies: in north-western Australia.
- Tropical cyclone: in the Indian Ocean region.
- The scientific name of all these types of storms is tropical cyclone.
- Tropical cyclones are intense storms, originating in warm tropical oceans with speeds exceeding 119 kilometers per hour and heavy rain.
- Tropical cyclones rotate counter-clockwise in the northern hemisphere. The Hindu Analysis.
- Regional Specialized Meteorological Center (RSMC) Tokyo – this is the name of the typhoon. The name ‘Rai’ is given by Micronesia.