19 Oct 2021 Yudh Abhyas
Posted at 16:04h in Daily current-affairs 0 Comments
- Recently, the 17thIndo-US Joint Military Exercise “Ex Yudh Abhyas 2021” was held at Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson in Alaska (US).
- In February 2021, the previous version of the exercise was held in Bikaner’s Mahajan Field Firing Ranges (Rajasthan).
- It is the largest running joint military training and defence cooperation endeavor between India and the US.
- The exercise was started in 2004 under the US Army Pacific Partnership Program. The exercise is hosted alternately between both countries.
- The exercise aims at enhancing understanding, cooperation and interoperability between two Armies.
- This will help them in undertaking joint operations at battalion level in mountainous terrain with cold climatic conditions under the ambit of the United Nations.
Other Exercises between India and the US:
- Exercise Tiger Triumph (Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief exercise)
- Exercise Vajra Prahar (Special Forces’ Exercise)
- Cope India(Air Force).
- Malabar Exercise (Quadrilateral naval exercise of India, USA, Japan and Australia).
- Red Flag (US’ multilateral air exercise).